Sunday, May 9, 2010

Alkalizing with a Breville BJE200XL juicer

It has been a while since I have posted on this blog. Partly that is to do with my own difficulties maintaining an alkaline diet over the winter. And the other part was simply laziness. In fact, the laziness could have come about from not following an alkaline diet. The main issue I faced over the winter was that making fresh fruit and vegetable drinks was just not as appealing as during the warm winter months. Less juices meant less alkalizing. Pretty straight forward really.

Anyway, now that it is starting to get much warmer I do not feel like I am forcing myself to make a juice. It has just become much more natural again to want to drink lots of freshly made fruit and vegetable drinks. To keep things simple over the winter, I was mainly making simple drinks like orange juice. What I actually managed to do was to snap off a small part of my Magimix le Duo citrus press. It still works and juices my oranges perfectly but can be a little bit messier than it is supposed to be.

Therefore recently I have begun looking for cheap juicers on Amazon just to see if it is worth buying another machine. One that has caught my eye is the Breville BJE200XL juicer. This is similar to my trusty Magimix in many ways. They are both centrifugal juicers which means they juice quickly, have few parts and are easy to clean up after use. Some of the things that I like about this Breville machine are it's cost. It is under $100. The opening in this machine is wide enough to fit whole apples in without chopping them, this would be a definite time saver. The BJE200XL comes with a jar to collect the juice and it even comes with a brush to scrub the central metal cylinder that minces the produce. It has some pretty cool features. You can buy a Breville BJE200XL from Amazon.

Following the alkaline diet must be really hard without a juicer of some description. But when you have on it becomes so much easier to drink large quantities of fruit and vegetable goodness every day. I have not actually had a juice for nearly a week. There is a good reason for this which I shall leave for the subject of me next post. In the meantime, if you are considering a new juicer, check out the Breville BJE200XL.

No comments:

Post a Comment